About Fathom Consulting
Fathom Consulting is a business and design consultancy that helps organizations take a human-centric approach to the design and improvement of their most important products, services, and experiences. Our work is primarily in the healthcare and medical device sectors, but we also work across many different industries.
We believe that the best products and services are a result of a creation process that is equitable, inclusive, and driven by a diversity of thought and experience. We recognize the importance of having staff members who bring a wide range of perspectives to our work. Fathom Consulting is actively committed to developing and maintaining a diverse, multicultural working environment where all people are respected and valued.
About this Role
As part of the Fathom team, you will:
- Accurately identify and effectively frame client business problem(s) to be solved and develop project approaches to tackle the problem.
- Lead, collaborate, and deliver projects that address clients’ strategic business objectives via human-centered design, systems thinking, and co-design techniques.
- Plan, design, and conduct stakeholder analysis, leadership interviews, and competitive research.
- Plan, design, and conduct qualitative design research activities (e.g., observational visits, 1:1 interviews, market research, workflow analysis, and concept testing).
- Leverage strong facilitation skills, change management techniques, and conflict management skills to identify and address critical strategic issues and help clients make decisions in a structured, human-centric way.
- Create a shared view of stakeholder, marketplace, and qualitative research insights across client stakeholders and drive project momentum with clients.
- Create high-quality, well-structured, visually appealing, and user-friendly deliverables that clearly communicate insights to the team.
- Serve as a primary face to the client, driving projects forward as a day-to-day project manager, responding to client needs with creativity and flexibility, and ensuring high quality delivery and high levels of client satisfaction.
- Contribute to business development efforts, including developing and maintaining relationships with current, former, and prospective clients and crafting project approaches and proposals.
- Be encouraged and given the freedom to explore new areas of interest, techniques, and approaches to deliver ever-higher levels of consulting service to your clients.
- Be supported to participate in local professional organizations, societies, networking groups and board service.
- Bring your own unique perspectives and strengths to our team.
Relevant Experience and Mindset
The experience and values listed below are only guidelines for who we think might succeed in this role. If you have personal and professional experiences not listed below but that you think make you a great candidate, let us know! We want to hear from you.
- Deep experience planning and delivering business strategies, leveraging methods like strategic facilitation, process improvement, program management, organization development and design, change management, or human-centered design.
- Experience planning and conducting qualitative research with internal stakeholders, end-users, customers, or community members.
- Ability to leverage quantitative and qualitative research insights to inform critical business decisions.
- Ability to synthesize feedback to extract meaningful insights and convey those insights clearly across all mediums (visual, written, verbal).
- At least 2 years in a consulting/agency/client service environment.
- BA/BS in relevant field or 7+ years relevant experience.
- Experience doing research with healthcare professionals (not required but a plus).
- Driven to bring clarity to ambiguous or quickly changing situations and projects.
- Comfortable working as a solo practitioner, team member/collaborator, or project lead.
- Proactive and self-motivated. Able to thrive in a self-directed culture.
- Committed to building cultural humility by continually learning and actively promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our work.
- Willing and have a desire to build and grow relationships with co-workers, clients, and communities within and outside the Twin Cities.
- Open to feedback and willing to listen to a wide spectrum of perspectives.
- Able to work flexibly and efficiently in a deliverable-driven environment.
- Open to travel within the United States and around the world for client meetings and/or research and design efforts (~10%).
- This role is based in Minneapolis, Minn., with flexibility to work in the Fathom office, at home, or periodically at client sites.
- Salary range information will be shared during your first conversation with Fathom.
- Our interview process aims to efficiently establish what it would be like to work together and give you a sense of what Fathom is all about. While there will be a several-step interview process, you will not be asked to perform personality tests, complete in-person challenges, or do homework.
- Due to client requirements, the candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a 5-10 panel drug screen.
What We Offer
At Fathom, we recognize there are many factors that inﬂuence your overall satisfaction at work and in your personal life. We provide a nice mixture of compensation, beneﬁts, and resources to our employees that help you reach a happier, more balanced life. Some of these oﬀerings include:
- Generous time off
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Company-subsidized parking
- Flexible schedule
- Hybrid work environment
Our Commitment to Equity
Fathom believes all people belong and deserve fairness and racial justice. We are committed to advancing policies, practices and a workplace culture that reflects the high value we place on all people, promotes anti-racism and does not tolerate discrimination. Read more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Fathom Consulting is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested? Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Have a few questions you’d like to ask before you apply? Reach out to Cherise Salim, Fathom’s Director of People and HR Operations at the same email.